- Cost-Effective: Recent statistics from the American Bar Association indicate that mediating your divorce case will cost you 40-60% less than litigating your divorce case;
- It’s Better for Your Children: Mediation avoids your children being involved in the divorce litigation, reduces the overall stress on the family and allows your children to see their parents cooperating;
- More Control over the Discussion and Process: The parties can control the issues that they address with the mediator and prioritize in what order they address them;
- Faster than Going to Court: Litigated divorce cases can take anywhere from 1 to 3 years to be finalized and are still subject to appeals and further litigation. Mediation can accomplish the amicable resolution of your divorce case in a matter of weeks or months;
- Greater flexibility Regarding Scheduling: Unlike litigation where you are subject to a rigid court calendar and mandatory court appearances, in mediation the parties can schedule mediation sessions at their convenience, taking in to consideration work and family obligations;
- A More Confidential Process: Unlike the publicly filed case documents and public oral arguments made in litigated cases, the majority of your mediated case remains completely confidential;
- Attention to Your Case: A mediator can give a lot of individual attention to the details and needs of your specific case;
- Greater Post-Divorce Stability: The good will and cooperation that is built during mediation can help parties avoid acrimony post-divorce.
For more information about mediation, please contact Georgia Fraser, Esq. of Fraser Family Law Office, LLC. at 609-223-2099.